Saturday, February 11, 2012

Whole Wheat Bread

So I discovered this recipe in my book on it's own sheet of paper and decided to try it out. My testers told me I need to make it again! I thought I would share it with you:

1 Tablespoon yeast
1/4 cup warm water (100 degrees)
2 1/2 cup hot water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon salt
1/4 cup salad oil
3 cup whole wheat flour
4 cup white flour *be careful to watch--I only put in 3 then added flour to the counter when I was kneading)

Soften yeast in warm water.  combine hot water with sugar, salt and oil; stir in whole whet flour and 1 cup white flour; beat well.  Stir in softened yeast.  Add enough flour to make a moderately stiff dough. turn out on lightly floured surface; knead until smooth.  Shape into ball and place in lightly oiled bowl, turning to oil top.  cover and let rise in warm place til double (90 minutes) Punch down, divide into loaves; place in sprayed loaf pans; let rise til double (60 minutes).  Bake 375 degrees for 45 minutes.

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhh YUMMY!!! Pinning this one!

Rebecca Keppel said...

mmm sounds good and not too hard! right up my alley :)

Daniela Dobson said...

Thanks so much for sharing!! I will have to give this one a try.