Saturday, February 4, 2012

piano composition books

wow, this week has FLOWN by!  Can't believe it's already Saturday AGAIN!  Playing catch up with sleep, kids, housework, scrapping and posting here.  I've been playing with the new Remember this kit from Scrapbook Circle--it is beyond AMAZING! (I believe it is close to being sold out, so if your interested,  jump on it!)  Lisa restocked the add on--TWICE that's how popular this kit has been.  I have to tell you I know that there will be add ons in the future as well so STAY tuned.
Wanted to switch gears a bit...a few weeks ago my kids came home from piano with a note from the piano teacher tell me they needed new note books.  So I went to the store, and I looked.  I don't like spiral bound notebooks the wire seems to come out and catch on things...So, I looked at the composition books and an idea started to form.  Yes, I'm one of those moms:
Using paper from my stash (that I've been hoarding!) I created beautiful little books that each of my kids just LOVE!
Here are a few closeups:
My daughters using some American crafts paper, ek success punches, heart is from a Bazzill Basics banner, letters are October Afternoon & sewing..
 inside cover:
 My middle boy's using some Rocket Age from October Afternoon, fiskars punch & stitching:
 Inside cover:
Lastly using the Boarding Pass line & fiskars punch & stitching:
 inside cover:
 
I wanted the profile of the books to be low so that NOTHING standing up on the front would catch and tear...What is really cute is that they are being SO careful as they put them in the bag.  They REALLY like them! :)  They were so fun and EASY to put together!  I grabbed a few other books so that if there was an upcoming birthday I could make more!
I'm off catching up!  Thanks SO much for the visit today!

5 comments:

Rebecca Keppel said...

These came out so cute! I love how careful they are being with them. Not my kids -- they are still in the 'cant help themselves but be destructive phase' :)

Diane Payne said...

I love covering composition books and yours turned out great!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a great idea!! I just loveeeeeeeeee these!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Mara Campbell said...

What a fun project! I love the variety of papers you used to make these.

Elizabeth said...

What a great idea for notebooks for the kids piano classes!!
e.