Saturday, February 25, 2012

Free...

I shared with you a while back about the fact that their was a hot air balloon RIGHT above our house, I could hear the people talking!  I ran outside and took pictures of it as it floated by, it was so cool!  It brought back memories of a time when my family and I rode in a hot air balloon back when I was 14 years old, I wrote about that time since I don't have any pictures to document it:

Pin It



some hand stitching, (the punch is Close to my heart):
 more closeups, (the banner stamp is Dear Lizzy, the punch is Martha Stewart):
 
I dreamed about this layout, I wanted to add some tinsel to it, I also used some old pinking sheers my mom gave me:
 Do you ever do that?  Dream about a layout?  This time I actually got up and did a sketch of the thing I remembered.  There were several days this past week where I woke up with an idea in my head and I wrote it down.  The mojo is flowing!
For the misting technique I used some older Heidi Swapp letters and two types of mist, October Afternoon--Treehouse & tattered angels Key lime pie.  I sprayed the OA first (it's a little darker) then the TA so that it could lighten things up a bit.
All of the papers you see are from the new Dear Lizzy line--SO fun!  Well, I'm off to a soccer game--thanks for the visit today!

7 comments:

Tina said...

Diana! this is such an incrediable layout! I really love how you misted the title, and I always love balloons...there is something about them that make me smile. thank you for sharing your talent! i love it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love love love that misted title work, the photo and loveeeeeeeeee the stitching!! You always ROCK the stitching!

Daniela Dobson said...

This is too cute!! Love all the little details and the stitching. I have some of DL in my shopping cart at 2peas. I need to order it.

Karen said...

love it - esp the stitching around the cloud. And your use of a new photo to tell an old story :)

Jamie Harder said...

Amazing layout...so many wonderful details!!! I love the misting and stitching..and how fun for you to have been in a hot air balloon ride at 14!!! Lucky girl!!

Rebecca Keppel said...

We got hot air balloons really close to our house sometimes too. You can hear the fire. Love all the stitched butterfly trails! Hope you guys had a fun soccer saturday! (our first game was at 10am--beautiful weather, the second was at 1pm and I ended up with sunburn even after using sunscreen!)

Unknown said...

Such cool stitching. I love that you used tinsel on your page.