Monday, February 13, 2012

kids Valentines...

first off I wanted to share some happy scrappy news with you!  One of my Valentine's Cards was featured on the Create blog on Friday!  What was really cool is that there were over 200 entries and they picked 40--SO cool!!  And today I was surprised that one of my layouts was featured on the Creating Keepsakes blog!  WOOHOO!  Thanks for letting me share!

okay now on to the Valentines....the other day I showed you what the boys Valentine's would look like if you didn't see it you can see it HERE--they are in the instagram picture.  My middle boy had to make a container to collect his Valentines--he got very creative and had a little inspiration from his teacher, sure was fun to work on this together.  He was a little concerned about the polka dot paper until I told him we were going to cover it up....I measured and covered and he assembled and colored....
a semi truck:
the front:
 My daughter did something extra special for her friends:

The fun thing about this project are that the hearts (both for the semi truck & these tags) are leftover from the Valentines the boys made!  Another fun thing are that these little cans were on clearance at Michael's for 99 cents (they were 2.99--don't know who would pay that....) Anyway, because it's my birthday month I got an extra 20% off!  Then I got the Hershey kisses (fits 13 if you were curious).  I showed her my idea with the hearts and suggested some other things--set out a bunch of stamps and let her have at it.  She did WONDERFUL!  (the stamps are Maya Road--the heart punch is Martha Stewart, I used my cricut to cut the tags...)
Sure was fun to have the kids craft with me--speaking of kids I've got one that is trying NOT to do his homework, so I need to supervise!  Thanks for the visit--hope you have a WONDERFUL day!

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhh their Valentine's are AMAZING!!! I love love love love them!! LOVING the robot and the hearts!!! And CONGRATS on the shout outs!!!

Altax said...

Lovely cards!!!

Valentines Day Activities

Izzy Anderson said...

Congrats on the features. Love the kids' valentines. So cute.

Elizabeth said...

What cute Valentine's! I miss the days when A took stuff to school and shared. This year she's taking some candy to share with her friends. I love the fact that they enjoy it!

Way to go on the feature too girlie!!! Hope your day is extra special loved!
e.

Diane Payne said...

These are such fun projects! Congrats on the blog features too!

Unknown said...

Fun valentine projects. Very cool that you were featured on blogs twice in the last week!

Jingle said...

All kinds of cuteness!

Rebecca Keppel said...

These are all just too cute!

Jamie Harder said...

Congrats on the features!!!! You are amazing! I love love love the valentines!!!!