Wednesday, February 1, 2012

CHA the recap....

*disclaimer, I probably won't remember EVERYTHING and I'm fighting a head cold & I'm addicted to Instagram...*  That being said let me show you a little of what I saw:
notice the puffy eyes, not necessarily an early flight but early enough.... (that's Lisa & Jennie aren't they cute?!)
we had plenty of time after our flight to eat some breakfast we stopped at Guasti's homestyle cafe, home of the giant pancake.  We didn't get pancakes...I had to try Eggs Benedict (that was on my list of foods to try this year in my mini album....it's the dish in the top right corner.  YES, these plates of food were huge we all ate off of them and there was leftovers....
 For our class we went to the Prima Marketing Inc.'s warehouse to create a canvas, because we were early they had us make hats...I like flowers, I'm okay with baseball caps but these hats were QUITE large, I opted to go simple.  Prima told us if we wore them at the show we could get prizes....
 this is the only time we wore them....
 For our class with Donna Downey, my canvas began like this:
 and ended up like this:
 I LOVE it we played with Gesso (pronounced with a J sound), special paint, paper, compound--it was AMAZING!  I have it hanging on the wall and plan to do another "artsy" canvas in the future.  LOVED the process of creating.
Next we drove to our hotel about 30 minutes away to rest so that we could go to twilight hours of DISNEYLAND!  I don't know what I was excited for more....as we walked in they were having a parade....
 we rode on some of my favorite rides:
 and while we were waiting in line at Big Thunder Mtn. they had their light show, we were in the PERFECT spot!  And boy was it colorful and amazing!
 our last ride of the evening was splash mtn. and YES I was the only one that got wet--it was AWESOME!
 CHA day!  I met Lisa Truesdell, I was sort of geeking because I admire her stuff so much and this was the first time....I actually tracked her progress on Instagram (she was updating with photos) she was very nice....
 I have to admit that my head cold was probably the worse this day so I was a little dazed.  I was in the lily bee designs booth trying to create a make-n-take for WAY longer than it needed to be.  But I happened to run in to the amazing Laura Vegas (she said I wasn't a stocker any more! :) ) the crafty Linda Barber (who remembered me!), and Georgia Keays (I had to admit until that moment I didn't realize who she was until they said her first name--THEN I put two and two together!  And it made her day, and NO I didn't look at her name badge!)
 I have to admit I really wanted to meet Suzy Plantamura, she is SO funny on her blog and guess what?!  She is more hilarious in person--SO fun!  We are now Instagram friends! :)  I have to tell you Kim Watson took our picture and tried to fix that WEIRD hair on my head that just wanted to stand up! :)
 I got to see ms. Ronda Palazzari, she's a doll!
 I loved that the Jillibean soup booth had a "instant" frame I had the best time posing with Summer Fullerton and Kimber Mcgray.  (little side note some of the phones in the new Neapolitan bean bisque line have her name on them!--cool huh?)  Oh, and this picture happened to be on the Jillibean Soup blog today!
 Ms. Amy Tan took this lovely shot of the talented Paige Evans and I in the American Crafts booth, it was SO fun meeting her too!
one more picture, that would be the beautiful Ms. Heather Leopard who roomed with us, they had a picture booth & props--makes me laugh because you can't even see my eye ANYWAY:
I saw LOTS of WONDERFUL things, I'm itching to get my hands on quite a few!  I am happy to announce that MOST of my loves will be in upcoming kits for Scrapbook Circle!  Woohoo!  For a picture recap of products you can see them HERE.  That was a FUN adventure and I was ready to be home by the end, it felt like I had been gone a week instead of just two days!
Thanks for the visit today and reading that WHOLE long post!

13 comments:

Mara Campbell said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time! Thanks for sharing all the photos. I hope your cold gets better quick!!

Audrey Yeager said...

Holy cow it looks like you had a BLAST!!! You met all the people that I would just LOVE to meet!!!! I love all your photos and can't wait to see what's in the upcoming SBC kits!!!

The Archiving Angel said...

Hi there! Looks like you are having such a wonderful time. Such fun photos.
Crafty best wishes,
Sonia
p.s. take it all in for us that cannot be there!

suzyplant said...

Oh my gosh - I was so excited to meet my one fan at CHA - thank you so much for coming up to me. your hair was a little embarrassing, but your big smile made up for it! Loved meeting you - I'm a stalker now! xox

Daniela Dobson said...

It looks like so much fun!!! I wish I can go one day!!!!

Unknown said...

Hope you are almost recovered from your cold today! Fun report on the CHA adventure.

Diana Fisher said...

These pictures are great!! Love all the little mustaches!

Jingle said...

It looks like you had a GREAT time!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooo fun fun fun!!!! It was awesome seeing you and the SBC gang!!!! I was looking (ok... stalking....lol!) Ronda... but I never found her :( ... I loveeeeeeeee all the photos!:):):):):):):):):):):)

Elizabeth said...

I'm sorry you had a cold, but it didn't look like it stopped you much!!! Such fun photos! I've never been to CHA ever, and have always wanted to go!!!!! Maybe soon huh? :)
Praying for ya!
e.

Rebecca Keppel said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Love all the fun photos :) Hope you are all recovered!

sophie said...

oh wow !!! you are so licky to have had such a great time!! an earle Bray present!! hope your cold is better!

Unknown said...

What a great recap. I can't belive I didn't take very many pictures. I soo enjoyed spending so much time with you gals! Can't wait 'til next time!