Wednesday, February 29, 2012

patterned paper as an embellishment...

first of all THANK YOU for all the nice comments about my circle layout--it really was a struggle and I had to breathe my way through it! lol! :)  Secondly in scrappy news my Leaves layout was featured on the Jillibean Soup blog today!
okay, now to business...for the challenge over at the Bella Blog it was using your patterned paper as an embellishment.  This time I went with a card--of course a birthday card!

Pin It


little story...the card was finished.  Or so I thought...then I decided it needed a skirt.  So I pulled out my Martha Stewart fringe scissors that have been sitting unused for months I cut two strips of the same patterned paper and layered them up on themselves and fluffed them a bit.  Then I slid them under the tied tulle. I like it!
The punch I bought at Michaels sometime last year, the cake was colored with colored pencil--I know watch out I'm getting fancy! :)  I actually stamped the stamp twice to layer it up and so you could read the words (it was hard to see on the patterned paper...)
Thanks for the visit today!  I'm off to Sam's club--woohoo--I have a list and I'm not afraid to use it! :)

7 comments:

Jingle said...

This is so super cute!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Huge congrats on the Jillibean feature! And i LOVE this card--the fringed paper is such a fun touch! Have fun at Sam's--I have a ton of grocery shopping to do today too. Always a blast ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Huge CONGRATS on the Jillibean feature!! That's AWESOME!! And love love love the card!! That cupcake is adorable and loving the paper fringe!

Diana Fisher said...

This is an amazing card! Love the big pink tulle ribbon. Love!!! :)

Mara Campbell said...

Super cute!! I like the big tied bow and the fun fringe!!

Unknown said...

Love the fringe!

Sparklinbecks said...

Gorgeous card!