Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pt. Defiance 5 mile drive

there is a Scrapbook Sketch challenge over at Scrapbook Circle (the sketch is by the TALENTED Diana Fisher)  here is a peak:
remember my circle phobia?  just saying...here is my take:
little closeup of the side embellishment:
this was actually one of the last layouts, so I had just bits of paper--LOVED that I could use that yellow chevron paper, it was one of my favorite in the story kit this month.  Little back story on the pictures, these were taken last June when I was in Washington state for my aunts memorial service.  The particular park is located in Tacoma--it is one of the MOST AMAZING places, definitely one of my childhood places to visit.  This time was obviously different because I was an adult but I got to ride in the car with my parents and my oldest brother, and my brother just older than me was there with his family.  It was fun to share this amazing place with my family again.  I don't know if we will ever be able to do this again all together (we were missing my youngest brother..)
it's just so green, lush, it's amazing to roll down the windows and smell the green.  (it always amazes me how green it is being an Arizona girl now.) My dad says it's incredible to drive through in a convertible--I'll bet.  This time we happen to see some raccoons, who gave us the STARE DOWN as we drove by.  There are many trails to hike, bike and run.  One of the coolest parts is it's set off the Puget sound (ocean).  This particular park has my MOST favorite zoo in it.  The park itself HAS a 5 mile drive through the woods, the speed limit is like 15 miles an hour, beautiful for driving slow and enjoying your surroundings.  If you EVER find yourself in that area, it is SO worth the time.  Looking at these pictures makes me miss it, SO glad I had a great camera this time around to take some scenery pictures.  It was my first week with my 50mm lens, think my pictures would be a little better now that I've had a little time to get to know it.  ANYWAY, this layout means a lot to me.  My hubby and kids and I had the opportunity to do this in 2010, SO glad we did because they weren't able to go this time....
WOW was that explanation a long one!  I sure hope it made sense--it's coming straight from the brain with NO editing. :)
Today I'm off to Costco, I'm a little afraid.  Saturdays at Costco are just SCAREY, I do have pictures to pick up and of course food....wish me luck!  I know I promised a banana bread recipe.  I promise I will post it, I just don't have time right now--sorry!
Thanks for the visit today!

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Yes... Costco and Sams's Club are INSANE on Saturdays!! LOL!!! We always go to Sam's on Friday nights after work!! Cheapest dinner ever for the family! LOL!! I love love love your lo!! LOVING the photos, the colors and loveeeeeeeeee the negative title work!

Jamie Harder said...

I hope you survived Costco:-) I love your layout!!! You did a fab take on the sketch!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome use of the sketch, Diana and I love your negative cut title! I've been using that trend a lot on my layouts too...it's really fun!! :)

Unknown said...

Looks like such a beautiful and green place. Great take on the sketch! Glad the circles didn't scare you off!

Rebecca Keppel said...

fabulous take on the sketch! love how you do the cut out titles

Diane Payne said...

What a beautiful layout! I agree about Costso on the weekends...it's nuts there!