Monday, May 21, 2012

oh brother!

I know I ALWAYS say, "this is my FAVORITE photo" but seriously?  This one CRACKS me up!

This is my mom and her younger brother--her look says it all!  And YES mom I did scrap this!! :)  I used a sketch from Elle's studio from a few weeks ago:
I loved the squares, just made them rectangles, of course I kept the butterfly!  I took the mask included in the story kit and painted over it:
 I think my favorite part of the sketch was the clouds:
I talked about them HERE on the Scrapbook Circle blog.  I LOVED mixing the different brands and sewing on the chipboard cloud (Bella Blvd.)--went through just like butter--thinking I might have to do this again SOON! 

okay summer is HERE, 108 degrees here--YUCK!  I think I'm in denial that I live in the desert and that summer is AWFUL, face feels like it will melt once you sit in the car, hot enough to cook/melt things on the sidewalk....but there is always night swimming! :)

off to make some lasagna for dinner!  Thanks for the visit today!


7 comments:

Tina said...

Such a great, classic sketch...and I love how you used the mask over the 2 patterned paper. - Great look!

Ashley Horton said...

LOVE the painted mask, Diana!! And those clouds are awesome...I love clouds on a layout! That pic is great...gotta love big sisters and little brothers!! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Saw this on SBC the other day and JUST LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE it!! LOVING that photo and those clouds too!!!!

Diane Payne said...

Love me a good vintage photo! Your color choices are perfect for this one!

Unknown said...

That is such a great photo! I really like how you painted over the mask. The effect is really cool.

Jingle said...

I love!!!! This page!!! Fabulous!

Rebecca Keppel said...

I LOVE this layout and photo. seriously awesome. the heat these days I do not love. I know where we live and all, but really? In May?? hopefully we will go back down a bit for a few weeks before we start in on the 115's.