Monday, May 28, 2012

In honor of Memorial Day

Happy Memorial day to all of my US friends.  Celebrating with family & remembering those who have gone before & serve us now to help to give us the freedom we enjoy today.
When I think of service men I think of my Papa--I miss him, he has been gone now for 11 years.  He was a special grandpa-making me feel special.  I recently stumbled upon a WONDERFUL stash of pictures of him and his family when they were stationed in Japan after WWII.  I might be a little biased but I think he was QUITE handsome.  When I said so to my Nanny-she agreed in the AFFIRMATIVE! :)
 I know that I'm going to have to scrap these pictures that I've found--how could I not?


One more thing I want to quickly share. In honor of the holiday today, Scrapbook Circle would like to offer a 20% discount on the Let Freedom Ring kit--TODAY only!  This offer last until midnight pst.  Just enter FREEDOM20 at checkout.
thanks for stopping in today!

3 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Happy Memorial Day! Handsome photo! :)

Unknown said...

Love that photo! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Rebecca Keppel said...

wonderful photo -- i need to go ask my mom for the ones she has of my grandpa who also served. you definitely have me hoping to get my hands on some older photos :)