Monday, May 7, 2012

haircut

okay, I intended to share some Project Life today, but guess what?  I forgot to take pictures of it! I do have a fun share though:
this layout was inspired by THIS sketch at Studio Calico, THIS layout by Lisa Truesdell and THIS layout by Ursuala Schnieder....yes, it was for the chevron Challenge at two peas in a bucket.  I didn't have a whole lot of time on Saturday but enjoyed the few challenges that I did do.  if you are interested the ones at two peas are open until Sunday May 13.....
closeup of the title, I used the font arsenal white:
 there are my chevron and a little washi tape.
the honeycomb cut was a free but for the life of me I can't find where I got it!  (if anyone knows can you link it in my comments for those that are interested--thanks!)  I did draw a rectangle around it so it would cut clean....the triangles on the side were really fun.  I just cut squares with my trimmer then cut them in half and then lined them up!
I was going for a more monochromatic look and was SO happy to have the new Studio Calico CLASSIC CALICO set in my possession and on my desk!  I busted out some older mist that I had and some brads--forget how fun those are!  
I loved these pictures of my son getting his hair cut.  I took them with my phone and then with the Diptic app I put them into the square then I edited with instagram.  What is funny is that I had planned to cut his hair and he had already taken a shower and we had to blow dry his hair making it stand straight up (you can't really tell with these pictures) then every step we would take a picture.  He had an 80's do at one point--we had a GREAT time!
well I've got to run dinner smells like it's ready we are having THIS tonight for dinner!  I'll have to tell you if we like it.  Thanks for the visit!

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING those photos and love love love love the hexagons!!

Jamie Harder said...

I am loving those hexagons! What a fantastic page!!!!

Unknown said...

This is such a cool page! LOVE that background. So fun!

Melonie said...

Super cute page!

Diane Payne said...

This is fabulous...way to rock the die cut shapes too! I love that sketch and posted a layout on my blog to day where I used it. I'll definitely use it again...super versatile!

Daniela Dobson said...

I love the hexagons. Haven't played with them yet. I have several cut files created. I should put them to use.
ps. I have a really hard time with the word verification on my iPhone. I don't use word verification on my blog and I haven't had any spam problems.

Rebecca Keppel said...

love the hexagons and stitching! and cute pics too :) I am always wondering what fonts people use to cut titles--like that one!