Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Project Life April 15-21, 2012 AND Banana Bread

This week for me was a catch up week, not a HUGE amount of pictures so I added two recipes, I also saved a picture that one of my primary children drew for me--so sweet.  I used bits of scraps from my Scrapbook Circle kit--felt good not letting anything go to waste!

Can't believe that we have a little over a week and then school is on summer break.  Not sure how I feel about it since my kids have been fighting constantly for like a month--NOT looking forward to that part.  I think they want to be done as well.  They sure have had a HARD time waking up in the morning the last few mornings as well.....But first we have to get through band concerts and BIG projects.  Come to think of it I need to find a black turtle neck or shirt for my guy who is dressing up as Steve Jobs for his living museum....GOOD think that I remembered! :)

Banana Bread
1/2 cup sugar                                                          2 cups flour
1 1/2 cup brown sugar                                           1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup melted butter                                             1 teaspoon baking powder
3 mashed bananas                                                  1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs                                                                       1 cup chopped nuts


mix your sugars and butter together well.  Add your mashed bananas and then your eggs one at a time.  Add ll your dry ingredients and then stir in your chopped nuts.  pour into greased loaf pans.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
*make sure that you have a piece of parchment paper on the bottom--the bread tends to stick,
I've also made these as large muffins--they turned out PERFECT*


sorry there isn't a picture of the bread--we tend to eat it faster than I can think to take a picture! :)  it also freezes well in aluminum foil....

I'm off to a BUSY day.  Have 5 things going on tonight 2 of which are scheduled at the SAME time--think one will not be attended while the other will be rescheduled!  Ever have those days?!

Thanks for stopping in today!

5 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Your PL album is fabulous! And banana bread, my favorite! I have several mini loaves in the freezer as I type! ;) I used to supply my neighbors in California with banana bread! I had to be careful of giving it to my next door neighbors because the husband would eat the whole loaf before his wife came home! Too funny, huh?

Rebecca Keppel said...

what a great idea to include the recipes! my kids always fight a lot at the end of the year too. i think you are right--they are just DONE. luckily it is almost over!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeee this weeks pages!! LOVING the little artwork in the corner and love love love love the painted toenails!!

Unknown said...

Love following all your project life pages!!! The recipe sounds yummy!

Kim said...

teehee love that photo of your toes!!