Saturday, September 15, 2012

junior high band night.

These pictures have been on my desk for a while waiting...waiting for the perfect color combo to come around AND for me to be paying attention! ;)  Well I found them in the *sold out* Talk of the Town kit from Scrapbook Circle.  You wondering why I was waiting for color combo--gold & black are the high school colors you see, so that's what inspired me:

 A little back story on the pictures.  My daughter's jr. high was invited to play on the field with the marching band during half time.  They practiced and practiced and then performed in the RAIN!  Poor things--they did SO well--I was proud of them!  I also got to chaperon--yes, I like to boss teenagers around--NOT!  Anyway, the tall handsome guy *might* look familiar--he's been featured here before--he's my nephew.

Another sort of comical thing was that this high school was playing my Alma Mater, unfortunately the Jack Rabbits lost.....(that's my mascot for my Alma Mater.)  Jack Rabbits not terrifying?  Oh, yes they are!  They have sharp pointy teeth, long ears, and they can run FAST!  Okay...maybe they aren't but you got to make stuff up...ANYWAY, my family was worried that I could be torn on WHO to yell for.  I did yell for MY high school which of course brought stares from those around me...ah, well.  Life is TOO short to be serious anyway... :)

some closeups:
 I SO totally appreciate the visit today--THANKS!
__________________________________________________________________
products I used:







10 comments:

Jingle said...

GREAT layout! The black and white zig zag is so perfect with those photos!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These papers are PERFECT for those photos!!!! I loveeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING that chevron paper!!!! DO you remember when peeps used to mention the 'jackalope'??? LOL!! :)

leah said...

Lovely layout!! And I love the Jackrabbit comments! LOL Have a great weekend! ^_^

Ashley Horton said...

Love the chevron paper Diana and the black and gold looks awesome together!!

Sasha Farina said...

i'm laughing and shorting here about who to yell for story. you see, I live in Singapore and am a Malaysian. imagine what happened when I went to watch Singapore vs Malaysia at the football stadium? Yes.. I sat with 'singapore' and went crazy shouting for malaysia. haha!!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Diana, beautiful LO! This inspires me because the Saints are black and gold. Love that chevron. The story behind it is so funny...good memories for sure.

Rebecca Keppel said...

How fun! love the washi!

Becky Litz said...

Great LO. I love the black and gold combo and Elle's tags thrown in too...awesome!

Diane Payne said...

Cute! I love how your photo really stands out on this layout!

Unknown said...

Cool mixing of the black and gold here! Guess we should watch out for jackrabbits!