Monday, September 10, 2012

benson.

my mom asked me to make a layout of her and my dad.  I thought about the pictures I had of them and what my parents liked to do--my mom enjoys making quilts and I had some cuts that I bought from the silhouette blog that were "quilts".  I took this picture on the 4th of July and really liked it and wanted to go with the red, white, and blue theme.  I looked through the papers I happened to have around my desk (which happened to be October Afternoon) and went to town mixing and matching (some of the papers are so old I couldn't find them to link up!)
This is what I came up with:

some dimensional closeups, I popped the picture up off the page a bit to give it a little life:
 I adhered these buttons with glue dots:
 my favorite square:
I ended up mounting this whole layout on a piece of orange card stock (I've mentioned this before but for some reason I have a TON of it!)  I cut each piece of cream into a 6" x 6" square and then sized my cameo cut accordingly.  I then distressed each piece with distress ink.  (If you decide this is something that you want to do make it easier on yourself and "quilt" the edges of the shape BEFORE adding it to the back--it will be easier to maneuver.)  The longest part of this whole layout was the sewing, my mom LOVED it!  I had fun with it and FINALLY got to use my quilting cuts!
Fun full day ahead of me!  Packed with kitting, laundry, house cleaning, homework and soccer practice--bring it on!
Thanks for the visit!
______________________________________________________________________
products I used:






11 comments:

Audrey Yeager said...

Oh WOW! I love quilt inspired patterns! This totally popped out at me on my sidebar! LOVE LOVE this page!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Outstanding! LOVE the quilt design! :)

Jingle said...

Such a pretty layout! Love the quilted design!

Ashley Horton said...

The quilt pattern turned out AWE-SOME, Diana and I love the OA papers and buttons you used on your page!

Unknown said...

Really cool layout. The quilt design looks great. All of the stitching really makes it look like a quilt. Nice!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! This is GORGEOUS!!!!! WOW WOW WOW!!! I am IN LOVE with those quilt patterns!!!! AMAZING!!!!

angie gutshall said...

WOW this is gorgeous! Love the quilt!

Diana Fisher said...

Wow! What an undertaking! This is stunning!

Briana Johnson said...

I love quilt inspired pages and this one is fabulous! I really like the scale here and that it's for your mom - perfect, Diana! Great pattern mix too.

Rebecca Keppel said...

OH the quilting is simply superb!

corrie said...

I love the quilting pattern!!! Beautiful!