Friday, January 1, 2010

Chicken Ranglin'--Happy New Year!

Happy New year! Did you have fun last night? We took it easy, DH and I went to Walmart and bought a bunch of finger munchies. The boys played video games while DD and I watched Watcher in the Woods, and Ladyhawk, two great classics. Did you know that Watcher in the Woods had alternate endings? We watched them and decided that they chose wisely not to use them!
Okay I know I probably spelled ranglin wrong but I ran out of "w" in my little brads! And hey, it's my layout anyway... I found them in my clear out the other day and decided to use them on my page:
I also hand stitched on this layout, I haven't done that in a LONG time, it sure was fun! The January kit was perfect from Scrapbook Circle had the perfect colors. For my letters on this one I sanded them then inked them with distress ink, then I painted them with crackle paint. What's neat about this technique is that the color will bleed through and give it a vintage look. The pictures for this one are of my daughter and her attempt to wrangle a chicken, sure was funny to watch!
I used this sketch from the Scrappiest for this one:
Thanks for stopping by today! We have a beautiful day here and I hope to be able to head out for a bicycle ride later on.

1 comment:

Katrina Hunt said...

What a great layout!!! thanks for stopping by my blog on the SC blog hop this weekend!