Wednesday, January 27, 2010

played with my big blue bug=b3

Oh, how I love you B3-you have changed how I feel about die cutting...I had the baby bug before but THIS is FANTASTIC, it cuts down to 1/4"-that's where the borders came from...I cut several others at 2", they weren't long enough so I glued them together to look like one. Also, I wanted to do a fun scrunchy border so I made a big long one of the same thing--I was just playing....it sure is fun to get a little artistic without feeling confined. (oh! I forgot to mention that the super long border was sprayed with two different kinds of glimmer mist--it was originally Kraft colored.) I don't know if you can tell but my butterflies were stamped with distress ink, then I sprayed them with a mixture of perfect pearls and water. They are pretty! This layout came to me last night as I was laying in bed, I was glad I could remember the sketch! I hope to do a card also...
Yesterday I didn't get to craft at all but I did do a MAJOR purge and boy did it feel good! If you haven't done it, you should. I have no idea why I have kept some of that paper for so long--5 years? That being said this layout was made from scraps that were on my desk and in the mess I cleaned up and just couldn't throw away. Basic Grey--just can't be thrown away! :) The rubons came in the mail, I bought some fun Valentine's things from Peachy Cheap, they are going to be put to good use here in the next few days!
I best run for now, the first of many soccer practices starts tonight. I wished it would've kept on raining today! :) Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Tessa Buys said...

I love the layout! And that photo is awesome.

Stacy Milford said...

LOVE this layout! the scrunched border is fabulous!

Unknown said...

Glad you are having fun with your expression! Fun layout. I agree that Basic Grey scraps should be used and not thrown out!

Unknown said...

what a pretty layout, i love the butterflies!!
I'm glad you were able to get rid of some of your old scrappy stuff! I did that before we moved last year and it was insane how much junk I had accumulated! lol.
I hope you have fun at soccer practice! :)