Tuesday, March 1, 2011

what a day!

I've had a very interesting FULL day today.  Started early like it always does, got everyone off to school without a hitch, well. almost.  Went out to my car to take the boys to the bus stop (I go to the gym in the mornings) and it wouldn't even start!  We had like 3 minutes before the bus came.  Tender mercy #1. DH was home and I could take his vehicle.  So I did and went to the gym and came back for the diagnosis on my car.  Dead battery, not even starting and letting it idle brought it back--bummer.  Tender Mercy #2.  If you have followed me for any length of time you will know that when the kids get home it's constant go somewhere in the car.  This just happened to be a "down" day, I didn't have to really be anywhere or do any errands.  Tender mercy #3 has to do with #1 that my hubby was home, and he had the know how to fix it for me.  What is a Tender Mercy you might be asking.  Let me tell you.  Put simply it's our Heavenly Fathers way of letting us know he loves us, those simple blessings that happen in our lives.  I believe sometimes they happen to us and we don't recognize them for what they are.  I know this was true for me until I heard THIS talk.  It's help me to know that my Heavenly Father knows me individually and is just waiting to bless me.

On to crafting I was asked by Tessa at Perfectly Precocious to guest design for the month of March.  She has a WONDERFUL etsy store that carries her handmade flowers and such.  Her product is GREAT quality and was sure fun to work with.
here is what I got to play with:
I made a bookmark by sewing the green ribbon together, then I hot glued the leaves to the back of the flower, I then hot glued the flower to the ribbon:
I put clips on the back of these SUPER cute flowers (DD wanted these from day 1!), you can wear them as clips on your clothes, in your hair or on a head band.
 I altered a picture holder that I picked up at Michael's.  I painted it and then hot glued the flower to the front.  I then tied the raffia ribbon, and blue ribbon, then used the stick pin for the center, EASY PEASY!
 Thank you Tessa for the chance to play! I'm telling you, you NEED to go check out her etsy store! :)
Thanks so much for stopping in! 

4 comments:

Tessa Buys said...

It was WONDERFUL having you, Diana! Thank you!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love that even though you had struggles today.. you saw the good in the day! That is AWESOME! CONGRATS on the GDT!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee what you created for Tessa! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jennifer Yates said...

You showcased her products beautifully girl...so glad your day ended up good...thanks for the inspiration! :)

Tina said...

Love all the fun things you made with the flowers!!! That last one would make a great gift! :D