Wednesday, March 2, 2011

dig'n up bones

A couple of weeks ago we watched the movie Holes and the closing credits has a song that says, "dig'n up holes" the song was running through my head when I made this layout about my son's field trip where they got to dig up "dinosaur bones", pretty cool!  I thought when I was a kid that it would be cool to be an anthropologist, umm yeah that didn't happen but I still find shows about ancient Egypt.  ANYWAY.....here is the layout:
 some sweet closeups:
 your seeing some sassafrass, studio calico, making memories, fiskars, and girls' paperie.  I just was grabbing whatever was on my desk. :)

Oh, I'm pretty excited!!  We ate Romaine lettuce, carrots, and snap peas from our garden for dinner!  This is the first time really out of my attempts at gardening that I have had success, DH was surprised too! :)  Ha thanks to the AZ plant lady, my little garden has been fruitful!  I won't share pictures because it looks totally random and is sort of embarrassing....the kids were to cute, "mom!  we need to do this again!"
off to read, The ghost of Lost Island....oohhh....my cute little 8 year old picked it out at the library for 5 cents (they were cleaning out all the old books.)He thought it sounded exciting, it's above his reading level but when he saw that I had finished my other book he brought it to me all excited, how could I turn that down?  He keeps asking me if I like it. :)  it's okay for a fourth grade book.  One day when he does read it we can talk about it.  I try and read books that my kids will read so I have some idea and also make suggestions....I'm off!
Thanks for stopping in!

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love that lo!!! Loving the photos, the title...and loving the cloud!! And yayyyyyyy for garden fresh veggies! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Oh I love your color combo and all that gorgeous layering! I am so jealous of your garden, random plantings and all.