Friday, March 11, 2011

Afraid....and a couple of cards

why are we so afraid of things?  Right now I'm talking creative stuff like, shooting in Manual mode on the camera OR scrapping digital OR working with Photoshop--what is up with that?  I've come to the conclusion it's probably a couple of things.  
First, we don't want to MESS up.  Ummm....yeah NO ONE is perfect no matter what you may think, they had to work at whatever too!  Give yourself a break!
2nd, it takes work.  Our society likes things quick and easy--hence all the fast food chains and restaurants.  Speeding, irritated when the electronic return thing at the library doesn't work and I have to get out of the car.....(I that last comment was for me, in fact all of this is for me...)
The other day I shot in Manual mode!  You know what I read stuff on how to do it.  The instructions were like a foreign language, my very first shot was COMPLETELY black.  But I kept at it not giving up and I got one of these:
EEK!  There are people in it! I was sitting in the dark auditorium looking up on the stage.  Sort of excited because my old camera would NEVER have done this.  The girl with the green folder belongs to me.... :)  anyway, I am going to give a little more effort to shooting in manual mode.  And if I switch back to auto, that's okay too.  But if I shoot in Manual mode I have more creativity....
Speaking of creativity....lately I have been playing like crazy and have a couple of cards I wanted to share:
most of these supplies are Jillibean soup for both cards.  There is also fiskars, making memories, kaiser, basic grey.  

Have field day at the school today, bringing the old camera--might even shoot in manual too! :) Thanks for checking in with me today!  Hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe me, I totally understand about the being afraid thing. It is so silly that I can be paralyzed in my own craft room-- with NO ONE LOOKING! I don't have to share my mistakes on my blog, I don't even have to *mention* them! And it's okay to use up supplies to experiment (I think that's my big issue).
Sometimes I just have to stop and pray before I work on my projects. And you know, God is good :)
Anyway, I just wanted you to know, that I'm right there with you.

Elizabeth said...

Diana I can totally relate to this. I have "feared" turning my camera off of auto too for fear of failure. Isn't that funny what we chose to be afraid of! But I am encouraged by your post and I am sure so will others be!
Have a great weekend!
e.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I totally understand!! :):):):):):):):):):):) We all have fears...and you are right, no on is perfect! I love love love love the cards! Those layers are AWESOME and loveeeeee the strawberries! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

LG said...

Sooooo pretty!

Jennifer Yates said...

YAY!!! For manual mode!!! I too felt the SAME way...I just kept practicing all the time!!! Have you checked momtog blog??? That has helped me a lot!!! Check out this article http://www.momtog.com/2009/02/separating-your-subject-from-the-background/

LOVE your creations too!! :))