Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Sunshine in Arizona

One morning last year I woke up and opened the back door to let the hairy girls out to go potty, I looked up over the houses to this view.  Yes, the dessert has the most AMAZING sunsets, but the sunrises aren't to shabby either.  I did not edit these pictures in anyway, this is what came out of the camera.  This is one of the American Crafts layouts I shared in the gallery for this month:
As I was working on the layout I thought I was done, then decided the title was missing something....a SUN!  So I found a cute sun in the silhouette store and cut it out--I thought sewing on the rays would give it a fun affect of "shinning".
 The first day back to school was actually okay with everyone, homework--of course!  But they all seemed to be happy when they came home, I WAS making chocolate chip cookies for the soccer dinner I'm helping to provide tonight.  Chocolate ALWAYS seems to calm the troubles. ;)

Thanks SO much for the visit today!



6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous Diana! I loveeeeeeeeee the photos, the camera and that sun with the stitching!!

Rebecca Keppel said...

oh how I love that stitched sun!

Ashley Horton said...

Totally stunning Diana! I think that was the perfect touch, adding the Silhouette cut sun with the stitching! And the photos are beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Wow, those photos are beautiful! Such a great page.

Patricia Roebuck said...

This is gorgeous, Diana! I cannot believe the photos. Amazing what God creates. Awesome every bit. I LOVE that cut file. Have used a few times! Perfect touch.

Jamie Harder said...

Gorgeous sun...both real and stitched :-) Your layouts are always so inspiring!!!