Friday, February 12, 2010

Hello--welcome to smoothie Friday!

Yes, we have smoothies, EVERY Friday morning at our house. It seems to be the "magic" to get the kiddos out of bed on the last day of the school week.
So I found out yesterday that my page that was in the you judge thing at Creating keepsakes, didn't make it. After patting my eyes and eating a large bowl of ice cream I got to work on these, the teacher's valentines.
**WARNING Picture heavy**:
Bo Bunny paper, sticker is Bazzill, heart stickers cloud 9, Bazzill border, stickles....
Back side, I placed the end of the mailbox over the part that I wanted to cut
The mailbox is pretty small--it was from the dollar bin at Target. I measured the opening and cut out envelopes and cards from my cricut (I used the wild cards cartridge--thanks mommy!) it was set at 3 1/2". The borders on these cards is a combo of pre-made borders and some I used my scallop punch from fiskars.
The heart on the love card was also cut with my cricut (doodlecharms) and the love was cut too (Home accents). It is set on pop dots too. I distressed the edges of all the cards and the mailboxes, just slightly.
Here is the Fancy pants paper mailbox:
After I took this picture DS came home and wanted me to add stickles to the outside of the box. I did do that to these pre-made cards, don't know if you can tell from these pictures. I measured these cards and cut out envelopes for these as well.
cloud 9 paper mailbox:
The pink glitter paper I've had for at least 3 years, it's so pretty! I was hording it for a great project--I think it worked perfectly.
the chipboard hearts were by a company named pressed petals, the gummy glittered hearts are from cloud 9. The XOXO stamp I bought at Michaels this year for $1. The little hearts I cut from my cricut and embossed, they are popped up on pop dots.
What always amazes me is that I had the mailboxes done on Tuesday, the kids came in after school and I told them they needed to pick one for their teacher. They didn't come in at the same time but there was NO fighting once they saw the choices. This seems to happen every time I made something for their teachers. Thanks for sticking with me and this LONG post. Hope your Friday is FANTASTIC!

10 comments:

Suzy said...

Very cute! As a first grade teacher; I would love to receive one of these :)

Jennifer Yates said...

girl, girl, girl...these are AMAZINGLY awesome!!!! SO SO CUTE!!! You so rock at the cards...I LOVE that XOXO stamp from Michaels and how you put the hearts over the o's...darling!!!

Terria said...

Super cute !! I love them all and you seriously out did yourself on those cards I love them all :)

Theresa C said...

The mailboxes and cards turned out great! Their teachers are pretty lucky :)

Bonnie said...

I AM one of the lucky ones. It is absolutely adorable. I love, love, love it. Thanks so much.

CalleLillyCafe said...

Love these mailboxes & matching cards!! Too cute & super sweet!

Ron and Paula said...

Oh my gosh Diana! Everything is adorable, I love the mailboxes! Good job.

Jennifer Davis said...

Adorable!!!!!

emelyn said...

Diana, these are sooo cute!! I wish I made something like this for the kids' teachers, but time is not my friend lately. Everything seems to be rush, rush, rush. GREAT job, girl!!

Stacy Milford said...

so CUTE! Love all your valentines! the cards are just adorable :o)