Thursday, February 25, 2010

Summer Fun

Yesterday, I started out following one sketch and when I was done it didn't look anything like it! Does that EVER happen to you? The process was so fun, I embraced the randomness of my thoughts--listening to music from my friend Jennifer Yates blog--I created this:
isn't this butterfly just fun? I wanted him to have antenna and didn't know how I was going to until I cut out a large butterfly mounted him on pop dots and layered him over a smaller butterfly. I added glossy accents to him to make him shine. He looks so good in person!
more of my flowers:
I really LOVE this butterfly paper from Jillibean soup (as you can tell lately I'm on a butterfly kick, wherever I can I'll add one!) I was going through my picture looking for something to fit the previously mentioned sketch, and I found this instead...LOVE it! The girls are sitting up on a wooden fence that is WELL worn and there was a LARGE storm rolling in behind them. The colors of the picture were perfect. Last July was sure filled with fun family activities!
well, I just looked at the clock and realized I have to be somewhere VERY soon. Just thought I would stop in on this VERY busy Thursday and share. Thanks for stopping by and visiting!

supplies: pattern paper: Jillibean soup
felt: Kaiser
cardstock: bazzill
mist: tattered angels, shimmerz
pearls: basic grey
small letters: cosmo cricket
large letters: american crafts
punches: martha stewart & fiskars

4 comments:

Unknown said...

whenever i use sketches my layouts never turn out looking like them either, lol! Your layout is beautiful, i love the butterfly!!

Unknown said...

Love all of your little details on this LO...especially the flowers and the popped up butterfly!

Jennifer Yates said...

LOL LOL!!! You are SO funny!! I'm so glad that my choice of tunes and help you scrap!!! Ha!! Loving all the fun techniques on this layout!!! You rock the glimmer mist!! :)

CalleLillyCafe said...

super cute layout & I love the butterfly!