Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Free Lunch-#51 the scrappiest

Today is SO pretty. The weather is absolutely perfect--it's like everyone else's summer. I have the windows open, canning some beans. You see I try to only can when the weather is cooler, then I'm not cooling down from the heat inside!
I finished this layout this morning--I'm really diggin' this take your time on a layout. It was an adjustment for me because I feel like I'm rushing all the time, it was taking from the fun of creating. The part that I had to accept was--it's okay if your page sits there for a day undone! And I really am! Anyway, enough sharing my self talk with you....
Here is the sketch I used (this happens to be #51):
This paper is bright--different than I'm used to using, but I LOVE it! Yes, I've had it for a while it's from GCD studios so are the stickers. The rubons & border sticker are crate paper.
I need to set out another layout, and plan what we are eating for dinner. We've got a busy schedule tonight with piano & soccer practice, AND we are going to the Junior high for a meet and greet! I can't believe my DD is going there next year--just plain CRAZY!
Thanks for stopping by and reading my rant! Hope you have a FANTASTIC day!

7 comments:

CalleLillyCafe said...

I love that stitching! That's the only way I get to scrap if I leave for the next day or two! Good luck! And remember to breathe...

emelyn said...

What a fun layout and great job on the sketch! Did not know about the reading/lunch program at Rainforest. I'll have to look into that, looks fun.

waleska said...

I <3 bright! bright is good and you did a fabulous job with it :)

oh, I forgot to mention... I love your Wonder Woman banner. I have Captain America in my igoogle page :D

Stacy Milford said...

hi Diana! miss ya! i have been SO busy I can't even tell you which direction that i am going...but it's all good :o) love your layout...super cute photo!

Brooke said...

So cute!! Love the LO! What a cute pic of your kids, they look like they were having a great time!! Thanks for sharing!! Sheryl K

Lisa in Texas said...

Love your mix of patterns, great job with the sketch!

Liz Chidester said...

I love the stitching here too!
Fabulous hjob with the sketch!
Thanks for playing along!