Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Happy Birthday to my daddy!

In honor of my daddy's birthday today I wanted to share his birthday present I made for him this year:
I used the Boarding pass collection from October Afternoon.  My mom gave me these pictures a while a go and suggested I do "something" with them.  These are actually copies of the originals.  I remember my dad telling us stories about his first official car.  A copy of the pink slip was in the stuff I was given but wasn't so sure how to incorporate it, think it just will go in a sheet protector next to this.  Couple of cool things about this shot, the building right behind the car (the second picture) is actually the high school, the building next to him?--his house!  The paper on the bottom literally tracks where he lived after he left home...just SO cool!

My dad was so cute when I gave him this page.  he truly held it like it might break, and just studied the pictures, then told me how he got the car.  He has another car (not sure if it was given to him by his parents but he didn't really LOVE the car like this one)  Anyway, he traded in the "other" car for this one which was owned by a farmer that would go to town once a month and haul his stuff back home--have no idea why he didn't have a truck.  Anyway, the farmer traded this car in for a newer one with a larger trunk and space inside.  So my dad spent HOURS cleaning out the dirt, debris, and junk from the car.  He said that it literally sat higher off the ground when he was done.  What's to love about this car?  it's FAAAAAST!  He did eventually have to sell this one, but guess what?  He has another one now--and that is ANOTHER story for another time....

Happy Birthday Dad--love you!

Thanks for popping in for a visit today!

(p.s. this is TOTALLY random BUT for those of you waiting for the iPhone 5 or 4s or whatever they are going to call it....it's official via CNN.com that they will present the new phone on October 4--and it will be available a few weeks later for purchase!  Yes, I was GIDDY with excitement!!!--that is all.)

5 comments:

Rebecca Keppel said...

How sweet that he was so touched by your layout :) Such a great use of the OA too. And Happy B day to your Dad :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a SWEET story and what an AWESOME lo! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee those photos!! And sorry love.... I have a droid :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Diane Payne said...

Oh, I love this layout and story of your Dad and his old card. Happy Birthday to him!

LG said...

Love how it just draws your eye to the photo! Such a special layout!

Unknown said...

What a cool gift! Love those pictures.