Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Track Star....

So I wanted to make a non Christmas layout with the Winter Wonderland kit from Scrapbook Circle.  These colors were PERFECT for the shirts that the kids got for running the Hershey track meet.  The stars were cut with my cricut, I even used some chunky glitter--LOVE that stuff!
 I don't know about you but this week is B-U-S-Y!!  We were just at a band concert tonight.  I have a concert tomorrow and Sunday, family pictures Friday, party and reception Saturday.  So this is sort of a drive by post.  I did want to share something sort of exciting.  Yesterday I did this:
 Yep!  I donated two 11" sections of my hair to locks of love.  that's enough for two wigs.... (I even mailed it!)  I really do like my new do!  I think I almost passed out when she started to cut my hair, but I said, "don't mind me CUT away!"  She did a BEAUTIFUL job and really listen to what I wanted.  I think she was concerned that it was such a drastic change that I wouldn't like it.  I had mentally prepared myself and was ready for something different.  This is only the 3rd time I have ever cut my hair short.  the receptionist at the salon did a double take when I went to leave, so did a lot of people I know, it's actually pretty funny....
Well, that's it for today.  I REALLY appreciate you taking the time to stop by!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your haircut looks so cute. I love it! That is so cool that you are donating your hair.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee your hair!!! It is GORGEOUS!!!!!! And that lo is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeeeeee the stars! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

It's so awesome that you've donated your hair!! WoW! it must have been so long to have 2 sections to donate!!! Your haircut looks fabulous :)

Doreen Vasquez said...

Your cut looks great! I just recently did the same thing (cut my hair). I went from hair past my shoulders to just-below-the-chin length hair. My hair is curly and I mostly were it straight, but when it's curly - wow is it short!