Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday-field day

So, this morning I spent at my kids school at the field day for 5th and 6th graders. ah, it brought back memories of my childhood. (I always LOVED field days!) My mom took some FANTASTIC pictures of me in 6th grade competing, and I made a layout (a few years ago..):
Okay, so these are the pictures I took:
(notice these are ALL boys--and where my girl is...yes, that is a kid on the ground.)
I will be doing a layout, yes, I was pretty PROUD of this quiet girl who just keeps to herself. Her class sure took notice of her today (which the don't normally do.), and it made me feel good because she was happy. In the future I want to do a layout like mother like daughter, with pictures of me and her.
Thanks for letting me share a bit of personal stuff.
I came home and was exhausted. AT the field day I was in charge of the 1 lap circle run. Groups of kids would come, I would line them up and time them. Thank goodness for my smart phone I was able to download an timer app, and time the kids. (they ran out of timers for me....) Surprisingly the boys especially the 5th grade boys were lippy and LOUD. I had to whistle a few times to get the different groups attention--they were surprised that I could whistle that loud--a hidden talent that has stopped a few buses, I'm NOT kidding!--I was so happy to be done! I came home ate lunch and laid down on the couch while the kids watch reruns of the old Battlestar Galactica on Netflix.
Okay, I REALLY do have some creative things to share with you!
This layout was made with some "old" scenic route paper from my "vault" :) and the January kit from Scrapbook Circle. These pictures were so random, but it sure captured the day. Busy, beautiful and fun. Oh, did you notice the cows? They happened to be running down the road that day...RANDOM!!
Thanks for stopping by today and sharing in my joy and fun! Hope your weekend is a fun one!

3 comments:

Stacy Milford said...

You should be one proud mama! LOVE the action photos! AND your layout is amazing...so many layers..& so soft & pleasing to the eye...great job!

Hilary Kanwischer said...

LOVE those photos!! :) Fabulous job on the layout too...love the layers and torn paper, I haven't done that in a while and I'm seeing it all over, so I need to start that back up again too. I love the look of it. :)

Jamie Harder said...

I loved track and field day when I was a kid...I can't wait until my kids are at that age!! Your wedding luncheon layout is beautiful!! We will probably go back to Mesa next year...but my parents are there now and I can always get them to "shop" for me...lol