Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Haunted House *Pencil Holder*

I LOVE how this turned out! This is for my mom for her birthday, (she celebrates this month)-no, she doesn't look at the blog....if she happens to.... well, mom Happy Birthday!!
I used this fantastic Special Edition Halloween kit from Scrapbook Circle.
The bling, rubons, stickers, chipboard, and fence are from my own stash. I bought this house pencil box at Michael's on clearance a few months ago with the intent to do just this!

*Oh, the wire (I couldn't find mine anywhere!) I used a paper clip and twisted it around a pen.

*Also, I had to chop the ends of the fence, it just wouldn't fit. It was initially just white, but I painted it with crackle paint by ranger then inked it with white ink.

*For the windows and doors I used American craft chipboard shapes. I sanded them just a bit then painted glitter glue on top (you can't really tell from the pictures.) The windows were a little trickier. I placed bars stickers over the top of the paper, then layered the windows over that.

* for the roof I used my fiskars border punch. (again you can't tell from the picture)

*the bat is actually a sticker that I layered up on some cardstock to give it some weight.

I'm just so glad that I didn't wait until the last minute to do this! I had some advisory help from DD on where to place some things, so it was a family affair! I even have enough paper to make a card & bag to match! I'll have to work on that today.
Thanks for stopping by!

supplies used:
pattern paper: Basic Grey
fence: from $1 wood bin at Michael's
pencil box: Provo Craft
stickers & rubons: Joanns
chipboard shapes: American Crafts
brad: Making Memories
jewels: unknown (Michael's)
googlie eyes: westrim
punch: fiskars
glitter glue: ranger
ink: stampin' up
paper clip

3 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

What an awesome card! Your mom will love it!!

Theresa C said...

LOVE it!

rachaelwood said...

hey Diana! Such a cute project! Looks like you put some serious time into it! I"m going to be one of your fellow DT members over at EDS! Can't wait to get to know you!