okay, I have been wanting to blog about this for a while but wanted to wait until I had enough material to share. I am not sure how long my Savings Saturday series will run but I want to share some things I do to save $$, some tricks you might already know some maybe new--WELCOME!
Today I want to start by talking about an app I found called Ibotta, I ran across it when I googled how to save $$. I was seriously VERY skeptical that you could actually earn any $$ at all. I want you to know that I try to be honest in my posts, so this is MY experience with Ibotta. You the buyer get paid by rebates-they are instant. Ibotta keeps track of how many rebates you have used and when you reach the $10 mark you can "Cash Out" through PayPal or Venmo, you also have options for gift cards--I like the $$ in my bank account. In 3 months I have earned $40.45--that might not seem like a lot but it adds up! Some cool things I have observed:
* rebates can be for ANY brand in some cases
* rebates are for name brands in others
* rebates are for things I am ALREADY buying.
* I can use paper coupons AND these rebates.
* I like Walmart receipts the best because the phone scans the query code and uploads without prompts.
* I have used rebates for milk, eggs, dog food (ALL generic coupons but can be used on ANY product)
* I have used rebates for $1 and $10
* it does take a while to earn that $10 when the rebates are small but KEEP at it!
The app can be found in the App store for Apple products and I'm sure in the app stores for your phone. I'm not certain if it's in other countries you would have to check. Please read the reviews and decide for yourself if you want to use it--I took my time...remember SKEPTIC!
If you want to join my team here is my referral code:
from what I understand when you join my team we can work together to unlock more bonuses which equals more $$.
To unlock your rebates you either take surveys, answer questions or watch a 20 second video--EASY peasy!
1. Scan your items as SOON as you get home. Sometimes you use the items or loose the receipts!
2. WATCH the details on the rebates--ex: sometimes its a dozen eggs and not ANY eggs
3. make your list and capture your rebates BEFORE you go shopping--this is how I do it and it seems to streamline the process.
GOOD luck with your savings! And thanks for letting me share!