Monday, June 4, 2012

random. trek recap of sorts.

so i just repaired my sunglasses with washi tape.  somehow the side was hanging on by a thread and so i decided to try washi--so far it looks good.  haven't worn them yet so we will see...
so we survived the trek--this was day one when we were clean. * i learned that i really CAN do hard things.  *i lived a childhood dream of cracking a bull whip (like indiana jones & the man from snowy river)  it was AWESOME--Jennie is my witness! :) *i LOVE my bed. *i SO love running water. *i was SO impressed with my adopted kids--they pulled and pushed without complaint.

*daddy daughter dance*
 *i would not be good at killing things--i can't hit a thing with a bow and arrow!*
 *my AMAZING girl cracking the bull whip on her very FIRST try.   yes, the big football players were impressed!  she also had the highest score for girls at the hatchet throw too!  AND the girls ROCKED the skeleton walk (two people hold a piece of wood between them off the ground and someone walks on the top of them using their heads as balance) with her being the long jumper she is they finished in like 5 seconds--the boys didn't know what hit them!*
*i'm glad that i could have this time with my sweet hubby and girl!*
thanks for the visit today!

7 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

I love that you fixed your glasses with Washi Tape! Oh the things we scrapbookers will do!! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How exciting is that trip! You should have taken me... I used to do archery competitively!!! Loving the photos...and hoping your sunglasses hold up!!

Unknown said...

Ummm, wow! That's pretty cool!!!! Sonds like you've got some stylin' sunglasses!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a very memorable experience. Hope the washi holds up. I bet it looks cute!

Jill said...

These pics remind me of the Modern Family episode when the family when to the ranch. :) It all looks like so much fun!

Jill said...

went, rather. Whoops!

Rebecca Keppel said...

awesome photos--sounds like a memorable experience!d