Wednesday, June 29, 2011

my favorite zoo in pictures....Echo park flickr gallery....

so I HAVE been creating like mad just want to wait to share.....I know HOW mean! :)  But I do want to share pictures of my favorite zoo.  It's not large, but hold sentimental appeal to me.  We would spend summers with my grandparents, we would visit.  The animals are different than our zoo here in Phoenix.  Once my grandmother went to demonstrate carting wool and spinning.  She was set up in the petting zoo area, I sat next to her knitting.  (I thought I was pretty cool, all I could make was a hot pad....)  Anyway, this year I went with my siblings who were here and my parents.

This guy was so proud, I got about 5 feet away from him, last year he showed me his stuff (oh and our zoo has peacocks--I just think they're cool.):

 and elephants too....



yes, tigers (this was taken through the glass....)



but not coral:


or sea horses:























or monkey puzzle trees (isn't it weird?):


























we don't have penguins--they were putting on a show that day:
























sharks/tuna either--this makes you feel VERY small, the largest shark in the tank is a nurse shark....

















































we do have otters, they are ALWAYS fun to watch:

























lemurs they were napping....can you imagine this--looks very uncomfortable:

























no reindeer or Arctic foxes I think they would melt....


























And that is Pt. Defiance Zoo in Tacoma Washington...
After the zoo we went on the 5 mile drive through this BEAUTIFUL park, it is a five mile loop.  We did stop and have some adventures and saw some amazing heights and views.




























the above pictures really is a very scary drop off, it is STRAIGHT down--pictures really don't do justice to this....
below is scottish broom--it's EVERYWHERE, it wasn't blooming last year when we were there but just GORGEOUS!
























 Thanks for hanging in there through all the pictures! (sorry about the spaces between pictures--blogger was NOT cooperating today....)

I do have some fun crafty news I was contacted by Jen Gallagher from Echo Park to see if they could feature one of my projects.  I of course was OVER the moon excited.  I asked which one....
it would be THIS one from last year.  One of my FAVORITE creations of all time!  Pretty neat that they have a flickr gallery now we can see everyone's creations in one place.  
Thanks for stopping in!  Hope you are having a GREAT day!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeee the photos!! Looks like a beautiful zoo! I am always disappointed in the phx. zoo... (well, except for zoo lights... love that!) ... it seems like more of a play land now and you hardly ever see the animals! :):):):):):):):):):)

Jamie Harder said...

GREAT photos!!! I love the zoo!! Congrats on the Echo Park feature!!

Tina said...

Diana...you need to stop by! Our neighbor down the street has peacocks. We have to stop to let them cross the road all the time! And we listen to them calling every night. Pretty cool!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Love the photos and congrats on the EP flickr gallery!