Thursday, June 16, 2011

first day--october afternoon style....

Today on the october afternoon blog they had a sketch challenge:
I've seen the challenges before but not done anything about it, so today I decided I would pull out my stash of october afternoon (I hoard the stuff--I REALLY do!)  And this is my take on the sketch, simple and clean, and yes there is some machine stitching.  I had to take this indoors as it's like 106 outside!  (yes, grateful for air conditioning today!)

just love how it came together quickly!  Also, the reason I chose the school theme?  Scrapfit had a challenge on their blog to do a layout that incorporated school items!  I just happened to have two little pictures and away the layout went--love when things come together so nicely!

So unmotivated to get out of the house because of the heat I decided to do a little Taebo with Billy Blanks--dang I'm sore--right where I want to be but still....beauty is pain--right?  That's what I tell my daughter when she watches me pluck my eyebrows.... :)

thanks for the visit, hope you are enjoying your day!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such a great take on the sketch. I really like all of the sewing you did on this. I may have to play with this sketch too!

Amanda Johnson said...

I love your take on the sketch! I saw that this morning and it didn't really speak to me at all..but after seeing your layout I think I might have to lift your version! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeee this Diana... AWESOME take on the sketch...and loving the way you journaled this! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Diane Payne said...

Love your take on the sketch!

Sara Zenger said...

What an amazing layout!!! I so want to 'lift it'! I love way your used up lots of bits of paper! Thanks you working out with us at ScrapFIT! Come back soon!

PS - I am such a fan of your work! :)

Rebecca Keppel said...

I ♥ your take on the sketch! A great way to use up scraps!

Missy Whidden said...

Oooooh! I love this! What a neat sketch, and you ROCKED it! I love your style! Thank you for playing with us at ScrapFIT...you're awesome!