Saturday, June 4, 2011

lots of love....

oh, let me tell you!  I LOVE how this layout came together--I had it pictured in my mind for a while, just itching for the time to do it!  the veneer butterflies from Studio Calico are AMAZING!!  I would love to get more of those!
 I used them as a mask to get this affect, after the paper was dry I used my paper piercing tool and traced around the edge and then hand stitched:
Here's a little closeup of their misted beautifulness, I added more mist to get them to this color, after they dried I added some bling from my stash:
little closeup of the title, it's from the printable from this kit--FANTASTIC!  I even got to use my new Martha Stewart punch for the crown border:
supplies:
came from the Garden Party kit

This picture was another from my photo shoot last month with the borrowed 50mm lens, so glad I got one of my girl and ms. Ella.  She is such a funny dog, she is LOVING having the kids home.  she gets in the pool with them and swims like crazy, sort of nice because i don't have to stand out in the hot throwing the ball at the park! :)

this first week of summer with the kids home has me SO busy!  We've had some fun this week.  on Thursday we went to the farmer's market, bought strawberries and black berries then made low sugar freezer jam (next time I will use 3/4 C water for thicker jam)--it's SO yummy!

my goal today is to get this messy desk of mine cleaned off so I can see the bottom!  THAT would be a miracle!  thanks so much for popping in!

11 comments:

DanaMK said...

I love your LO! So fun! Those butterflies are so pretty!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOODINESS!! I am in LOVE with this Diana! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the butterflies and the stitching!! WOW WOW WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

The misting looks great! I like how you used the misted butterflies on you LO too. Hope you had good luck clearing your desk!

Jennifer Yates said...

Oh my goodness this is GORGEOUS!!!! You ROCKED it! Love the misting and the stitching so much!!!

Tina said...

Diana
I just LOVE this layout. I see a scrap-lift in my future! ;)

Bonnie Bright said...

Diana, your work inspires me to get in my room and WORK! Thank you for sharing your ideas. LOVE the misting on butterflies and the stitching around. cute, Cute, CUTE!

Diane Payne said...

Oh, I love how this came together too! Fabulous layout!

Rebecca Keppel said...

LOVE the layout--the stitching around the masked butterflies is so pretty!

Audrey Yeager said...

This is just so adorable! I love love love the colors!!! I just bought a 50 mm lens, too, and I love it!

Forgot to tell you that I made the Blackberry Pie recipe you posted a few months ago....it was SOOOO delish and easy (which is a bad thing! :) ). Thanks for posting that! :)

Paige Taylor Evans said...

This is a really creative and fun layout Diana! Love the stitching and masking!

TanishaRenee said...

What a fantastic layout!! I loooove the misting and stitching!!