Monday, June 15, 2009

something fun AND the joy of kids kamp...

I got an e-mail today from Basic Grey! My Nan & Pop layout is going to be featured in their gallery! For those of you that don't know. Your layouts/creations are sent in for a tryout of sorts. Then they send you an e-mail to let you know that your layout is excepted. I've entered before and haven't been excepted so this is PRETTY EXCITING!!

With kids kamp today, I had QUIET! No fighting.... no, "I'm bored!" 3 hours of uninterrupted creative time....yep I finished my final sketch for Creative Scrappers and yes it's only a peek. I know I'm mean. :)
so let's make it two peeks:
what's fun is that I used my new foam distressing tool. TOTALLY fun, it's the Tim Holtz one. The letters are ones that I purchased from Peachy Cheap last month. Also, the hearts and flower are from my Maya Road haul from memorial day. AND finally I just bought this paper today! It's a miracle, I used something the day that I bought it. Look at me, going green... :)

supplies used:
pattern paper: Scenic Route
embellishments: Maya Road
stamp: Autumn leaves
distressing ink: Tim Holtz ranger vintage photo
pearls: basic grey
jewel: Hobby Lobby

Well, I need to get on making dinner. The meatloaf didn't go over so well, **TIP, don't do two batches** So I'm going to salvage them into my spaghetti sauce and chili. I think they taste okay they just aren't "meaty" enough for me. I've made them before and they were great, so just remember the tip!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: