Friday, November 18, 2011

Who I am.

I've been thinking about this for a while, seeing several of my blog friends share about themselves.  This morning Ronda Palazzari shared about herself and got me thinking while I fixed breakfast about WHO I am:
(picture taken by my 11 year old)

*I am Diana, DD, or Dinanny to my family...NEVER Diane--it's NOT my name and I WILL correct you.
*I'm a ground hog (think February)
*Wife to my best friend--almost 15 years (in December)
*mom to 3 wonderful kids who just happen to ALL play soccer (makes life a little crazy but fun), their nicknames: Psycho, Crazy and Freakazoid.  Yes, I'm proud to say I came up with two of those names and want to get a shirt made "mom to psycho, Crazy & Freak"--one day....
*I'm a morning person--I wake up at 5:30am--I read my scriptures then.
*I talk to myself *often*
*I am lactose intolerant, but refuse to give up cheese!
*I love to sing (I'm in my church choir and currently in a combined Christmas choir Catholics & LDS Church we will perform at the Mesa Temple in December)
*I am an active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (people call us Mormons), I currently serve in the Primary (kids ages 4-11) as the chorister--love it!
*I served an 18 month mission to Venezuela when I was 21, it was an adventure that helped me GROW spiritually and understand myself better, it also means I speak Spanish.
*I enjoy trying new recipes especially ones that aren't to complicated or have strange ingredients.
*I can my own meat & beans.  I make my own bread from scratch (yes, I own a wheat grinder)
*I cut coupons and THRIVE on making my $$ work for me!
*I am a gym goer (5 times a week)--hey, I got to keep up with my active kids!
*I like to dance, yes the 80's kind of dancing--I'm awesome! :)
*I would rather be cold than hot. (my theory? it's easier to warm up than cool down)
*I have an active imagination, as a child I would get nightmares after watching Wonder Woman & Scooby Doo--thankfully I've outgrown that!
*As a child I loved Wonder Woman & Bionic Woman, I hoped one day that I would grow into my super powers, in a way I have--I'm a MOM!
*I'm a dog person.
*I'm outgoing but shy too....
* I like to read, it's mostly teenagery juvenile books, I like to be able to talk to my kids on what they are reading....FAVORITE series?  Harry Potter!
*sort of closet superhero, sci fi nerd, but I also like a good mystery.
*I love taking pictures, so much so that people NOTICE when I don't have my camera on me.  Love that I can shoot in manual mode now.
*I LOVE to scrapbook I look forward to the therapeutic time it gives me--RELIEVES stress for me!

So, Who are you?


One more thing I wanted to share was this BEAUTIFUL video of one of my FAVORITE Christian artist:

7 comments:

Rebecca Keppel said...

So fun to get to know you more :) I love your kids' nicknames. ;)

Ronda Palazzari said...

So fun getting to know you better. HP fans are the best!

Unknown said...

This is such a great list!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So much fun learning more about me!!! I had to giggle about the Diane part.. as I correct EVERYONE that calls me Jules/Jewels!! LOL!! Makes my skin crawl! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Oh this was so great to get to know more about you!! Great post!

Unknown said...

aww, i looove the photo of you!! You changed your hair, I love it! :)
I loved reading all about you! We have a bunch of stuff in common too! :) I love your kids nicknames! Only thing that I CAN'T agree with you on, I'd MUCH rather be hot than cold, I'm cold blooded! lol!

Jamie Harder said...

How fun to get to know you better! I am all about the 80's dancing myself:-) :-)