Tuesday, November 15, 2011

on a roll....

I'm telling you I LOVE pinterest!  Last Friday I rolled out a few pages from wonderful layouts I spotted and pinned.  Today one of the layouts that inspired me was featured on the Studio Calico blog with a challenge!
So here is the sketch:
and here is my take:


and of course closeups:

 I had a few kits from Scrapbook Circle with "leftovers" I couldn't throw them away!  I searched through my pictures and found this ONE of my husband!  He is 11 years old in this shot, the same age as my middle boy now.  So fun to see some similarities between them....

the journaling was a little hard because I wasn't there and wanted to make this as surprise for my hubby.  After the page was done, he says he doesn't remember the event but he TOTALLY remember his shirt and jacket...funny the things we remember...

Truth be told my favorite part of this layout besides the punched medallion circles are the clouds, love how they just popped off the page.  YES, it's okay to LOVE something on your page!  And yes, it's okay to say so!  (I give you permission!)

Anyway, don't know if I really qualify for the contest because I made this last week, but I was inspired by the layout (if you click on the link above it will take you there).  I really enjoyed the challenge of stretching myself a bit!

Thanks for stopping in!  I'm off to continue working on a grandma gift! :)  Have a great one!





6 comments:

Paige Taylor Evans said...

I love all the different things you do with product! You're so talented!

Rebecca Keppel said...

I love the clouds too :) and the blue splatters! And what a fabulous pic of DH as a boy! I have no good pics of myself (or DH for that matter) from when we were young, they are all horribly lit, exposed wrong, flash, red eyes etc etc. lol. oh well. Have a great rest of your week :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeee this!! I loveeeee that you documented this for him!! AWESOME masking!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

sophie said...

love love the details!! great take on the sketch!!

Elizabeth said...

I love the paint splatters and misting, totally cool!!! You rocked this and I love how you used up every inch of the kit!
e.

lisa truesdell said...

beautiful!! loving the misting and all of the layers.