Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Where in the world have I been up to?

My modem has been acting up so I haven't been able to really get on my computer when I've wanted to and post. I've been a busy little elf working on gifts, my December daily, concerts, cooking, baking, canning......well ya know how the month of December goes!
I woke up to this sky this morning: (6:45 am)(7:15 am):
Makes me feel grateful for this BEAUTIFUL world we live in, and there IS beauty in the desert. I know there is a God with creations like this.

December has been busy like I said. Pictures like this one makes me smile:
he was THAT excited for candy canes. I finally bought them that day. And my boys took turns putting them up on the tree. SO fun!
Saturday we went to a cotton candy party, this year they made HUGE cotton candy! We have friends that do this every year. REALLY fun!
Today my kids and I went to Walmart to get yarn for my DD who has been a busy little elf herself making hats for all of her friends on the hat looms. I decided just to relax, people get crazy shopping....I just wanted to take it slow..... ANYWAY, as we came out of the store we noticed some elderly ladies with VERY full baskets, like 3. I stopped and offered to help them unload. They said yes, and the kids' and I got to it. They were so appreciative, they thanked us and thanked us. I told them Merry Christmas and one of them came over and gave me a hug. It just felt good to help someone, and I KNOW if I would've been in a hurry I wouldn't have stopped. This morning the kids and I were talking about giving service, I didn't put the lesson this morning with this until we were in the car driving away. I told them acts of service sometimes are easy just like that, we just need to stop and give it. The same woman that gave me a squeeze told me, you've taught me a lesson today. I thought, "I have?" Then she went on and said we've been coming to this store for years and no one has ever stopped to offer help. How sad, I was probably one of those people.... So, with that being said, I want you to think outside yourself, possibly give someone else a service. It's not always hard! You can do it!
Thanks for stopping today and "visiting" me!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank-you for the wonderful photos,they made me smile :0)

Viji Siddharth said...

very cute pics!

Stacy Milford said...

what a fabulous post today Diana! Funny thing, I just took a picture of the sun setting last night...it was GORGEOUS! Love the pics you shared...makes me want either a candy cane OR cotton candy :o) & what a great story to share...my DH & I are teaching high school religion class this year & our focus is on giving, doing service, etc. This just goes to show just how EASY it can be!!! You are setting a WONDERFUL example for your children...WTG!!!

Jennifer Davis said...

You are so awesome Diana! =)

My camera is a Sony DSC-H2, Super Steady Shot...it's not fancy but works really hard for me and I LOVE it! I've had it for about three years now and it's been so good to me. I actually used my automatic settings for the performance with no flash and it worked like a charm! =)