Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Busy Elf

Okay, so my family albums are all wrapped up without me taking pictures of them....but I can share these other little fun things that I've been making:
This frame I made for a friend I got the idea from my friend Melanie:
I painted crackle paint on the $5 frame I bought at Walmart. I then sprayed clear spray paint on it so that the paint wouldn't flake off. I also spritz some glimmer mist on the paper glued down this cheery chipboard--glittered it a bit. I tied the tulle on before placing the back on....
I made three of these snowmen, this one happens to be mine:
The most time consuming part was his face. But it was just so fun! I also liked the opportunity to use up some Christmas paper I wouldn't use other wise.... (and yes he looks better in person...)
I needed one more quick gift, I dug in my closet and found another clear paint can (I'm trying to use from my stash instead of running out to the store.... the rub on is something I've had for 4 years. Yeah! The shapes were cut from my Cricut. I was so excited to discover I had a scalloped edged circle!
Lastly, I made these coasters:
sorry, for the quality of the picture it was over cast all day yesterday. They really turned out great! I got the idea from Becky Higgins blog (scroll down to the November 3 post for the supply list.). The wooden coasters I bought at Joann's but you can also find them at Michaels. The paper I already had....
I'm just finishing off some little treat bags today (will share those tomorrow) and the kiddos and I will be working on cookie plates to deliver! Woohoo!
Thanks for stopping by! Hope your Christmas preparations go well and hope that it is Merry for you!


3 comments:

Theresa C said...

Wow... you have been busy! All your projects are fantastic! Merry Christmas!

emelyn said...

You have been very busy!! Love everything you created, girl!!

Unknown said...

Love everything you've made! You've been busy!