Tuesday, July 15, 2008

To do Clipboard

I have been wanting to make me a clipboard for AGES today was the day! This is what I came up with:

I have papers that float all over my desk and I figured this would be a perfect solution to the mad searching, KEEP IT ALL TOGETHER.

Pattern paper, ribbon, letter stickers, brads: american crafts

scallop boarder: bazzill

glitter glue: (pink) lil davis designs

Basic how to:

I bought my clipboard at Walmart for like 92 cents. If you feel like you want to do more than one, I have seen them in multi-packs at Sam's club for like 88 cents a piece.

I cut my paper down to 8 1/2 x 11 and glued it down using 3M tacky adhesive (LOVE THIS!!). For my to do part I measured the height of my tallest letter and cut my matte paper just larger than the 1" letters.

For the ribbon along the bottom I cut it just larger than my clipboard and glued it on the back, (I didn't want to waste any of my fabulous ribbon)

for the ribbon on the top, a good rule of thumb to follow is that the thicker your ribbon you want to tie the longer you want to cut it, the thinner it is the shorter you cut it. The reason being that the thicker ribbon has a harder time going around when it's being tied so you need a little more room to tie it.

I really am enjoying my clipboard, it's so much more fun than just a plain/blank one. I sure hope that these instructions were clear. I would love to see what anyone else comes up with!

No comments: