Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fun-ness that I made yesterday

Okay so blogger was down and then I found out the olympic trials was on, let's face it I got distracted! So here is the post from yesterday:

The sketch came from the new Scrapbooks etc. page planner pg. 104. I loved using the new GCD papers fell in love with those at CHA this year, american crafts brads & rubons, scenic route chipboard, making memories eyelet (surprised myself with that one!). I was pretty excited to use up some of my MANY rubons and new toys. Oh, and yes that IS me in the wet suit.....yeah I know real attractive! This nice lady at the lake took our picture, she probably thought we were all crazy....

here is the journaling:

Swim * Bike * Run * My first sprint triathlon! A group of friends decided they wanted to, and asked if I wanted to join.. Sure, I haven't done anything like this since I was 19! The training was interesting seeing that most of it I did myself, occasionally we would get together, to run or ride. My friend Jennie and I swam at our gym. The very first time I swam I thought I was going to drown doing every stroke possible to stay afloat! I improved and even borrowed a wet suit to help with the lack of confidence in the water. I bought a swim cap (so I don't totally fry my hair) and a water bottle for my bike, (I just think it's so cool!) I almost bought riding gloves, but really..... I also bought knee braces, yuck! I can run on a treadmill but the road absolutely kills my knees. Sure sign I am getting old! I took a few rides to my parent’s house (7 miles round trip), and even did one open water swim at Saguaro Lake, disgusting about covers that…and yet somehow I survived training….

No comments: