Wednesday, July 2, 2008

PIZZA!!

LOVE this recipe, so easy...and quick! I like to make the sauce first (it lets the dried onion rehydrate):
1 can tomato sauce
1 Tablespoon instant minced onion (you could always use fresh)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 garlic powder (I like to use fresh, I use 2 cloves cut up)

Dough:
1 cup warm water
1 Tablespoon yeast
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cup flour (start with less and add more, if making in a mixer, you want it to just clean the bowl)

I like to use a stone ware rectangle pan to make sure the bottom is crunchy, I also like to put a little cornmeal on the bottom so the dough doesn't stick to the pan. I usually eyeball it.....
Toppings, Mozarella, bell peppers, pepparoni, hamburger, mushrooms....whatever you like....
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, I cooked mine a little longer because the edges weren't brown enough for me. After cooking let it sit for a minute or two to cool down. Then eat up!! We hardly have any leftovers, and if we do the boys ALWAYS fight for who will get the last piece, ENJOY!!

No comments: