Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy 4th!!



I had so much fun making these banners!
I used my cricut (using George at 4 1/2") to cut the pattern paper out, I traced the stars onto chipboard and hand cut those out. I painted the backs red, then applied the patterned paper, distressed the edges, doodled a little on the edges. I measure 1" in for the hole punches and punched all the holes. I painted the letters with stickles to give it a glittery feel. I also used buttons and brads to cover up the end holes where the string is to hang them up. I looped the fiber through the holes of the button then then made a knot so it wouldn't slip through, then I glued the button down. Super easy!!
Supplies used:
Making Memories: stickers, star brads, and buttons
Cosmo Cricket: Blackboard
Pattern paper: Scenic Route
Small Star: Lil Davis Designs
Ribbon: assorted from my stash

No comments: