Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New year!! Kid Ch3fz

I was away in a VERY cold place for New Years.  We woke up New year's day to -16!  That is CRAZY cold!!  It warmed up to 5 degrees--just enough for the kids to go and play in the snow with their cousins.  I didn't last to long before I was in the car.
It's a new month and you know that brings another WONDERFUL Scrapbook Circle kit!  I have made SO many layouts with this kit and I think that I will be able to make a couple more, I think at last count I had 7!  So without further blathering I will share one with you:
This is pretty simple layout I was inspired by one I had seen by Maggie Holmes in the January Creating Keepsakes.  I rolled with it.  The background paper is NOT included in the kit but is from SEI--I was quite proud of myself as it has been in my stash for a year and I'm finally using it!  The same goes for the journaling spot that I misted.
I ran out of e's and s' at this point so I had to improvise!  yes, I have scrapped these pictures before, but I have one more set that needs to be done too! :)

 For the center of these circles I used my I-rock tool, I'm REALLY loving the added bling--it's SO easy to use too!
Did you make any New year's resolutions?  I have a few rolling around in my mind, but just haven't put to paper.  One for sure is to read at least one of my "list" books a month.  what do I mean?  I made a list of classics or books that I haven't read that I think I should!  I did this a couple of years ago, there are quite a few books.  I have two other books not from the library on my shelf I need to finish because I can't renew them.  Then I will start with one of my other books, I was only able to read like 3 last year--SAD!
Anyway, I've got a PILE of laundry on the couch that needs to be folded and some pretzels to mix up for tonight's activity and treat for Family night.  Thanks for stopping in!

4 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

This is SO CUTE! Love those chefs hats!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that lo!!!! That photo is ADORABLE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

This is such a fun page. Loving the bling!

Sam Miller said...

Just bought the life kit . You'd better ride me to get it done!!