Thursday, June 24, 2010

Our Day...

As they say, "necessity is the mother of invention.." I created a layout with my remaining 3" x 3" crate paper squares...I had to get VERY inventive on how so be able to use it all.

To start off I sprayed the cardstock with some Candy apple red glimmer mist.
And then for this border I cut my piece of paper at 3/4"--I got 4 pieces and folded them and sewed them together.


I then drew different sized flowers, cut them out and sprayed them with glimmer mist clear coat gold and scrunched them up then dried them with my heat emboss gun and CAREFULLY unfolded them and assembled them. they look very pretty in person.

My hearts were also hand cut. (I folded the paper in half and drew half the heart and then cut.)
the title the top word actually said out I just cut an r off of another word in the strip....

I think the best thing about this layout is that it all came from my stash! Glad I used the jeweled swirl--it's glue was starting to get gummy and almost hard to get off it's card (guess I've had it for a while!) I'm just pleased with how it all turned out.

I forgot to tell you this is my brother-n-law & sister-n-law a couple of years ago, it was so cute the kids waited SO patiently to see them. Then they followed them around like a little flock of birds....
I do have to tell you last week I bought myself a new pair of scissors--I've waited for a 50% off coupon from Michael's and they were SO worth it!

They are sharp enough to cut my thread from my sewing machine. The handles are soft and pliable, and the cut is such that you can get in there and do fine detailed work. I haven't cut anything sticky yet but they are also supposed to be non-stick too! So if you are in the market for a new pair of scissors, these are pretty nice!
well, it's supposed to be VERY hot here today like 112 degrees! Yuck! Glad we have inside activities to do today. Thanks for dropping in!

supplies:
cardstock: Bazzill
letter stickers: Girls' paperie
pattern paper: crate paper
pearls: Basic Grey
jewels: Basic Grey
sewing
rubon: pink paislee
felt: creative impressions
string of pearls: Kaiser
embossed cardstock: coordinations
punches: ek success, martha stewart

5 comments:

Jennifer Yates said...

WOW! I LOVE every detail! The stitching, flowers, misting...EVERYTHING!!! What a beautiful couple! :)

Anonymous said...

I really like this layout! Such pretty touches everywhere...

And another endorsement for those scissors--- I'm just waiting for a coupon myself!

Tessa Buys said...

I never would have known that was made with just scrap pieces! So clever, and very pretty!

Unknown said...

This looks great! I wouldn't have ever guessed that it was made from 3x3 paper.

Stacy Milford said...

Gorgeous Diana! LOVE all the little details!