Thursday, June 21, 2018

Balace-part 2.

A few weeks ago I had a post about BALANCE (see post HERE).  I didn't want to write it ALL down in one go as that would've made a REALLY long post and I don't really want to put anyone to sleep.  So here are some key steps that I think will help with me keeping balance, especially since we are in summer time without a real schedule; except for my son's twice a week PT visits...I am a goal oriented person-I like to break things down into little pieces to accomplish the BIG things!

*Be ORGANIZED; now for me that means meal planning, which helps me use what food I have and keep my budget down.  I really love using Pinterest food recipes that don't call for strange ingredients that I will never use again.  And my boys are great at eating left overs. 

--Also, organization means calendering; I have created a google calendar that is shared with my whole family.  Which means they also put there items in there so EVERYONE (when they look!) can see what is going on.  I also write them down on a magnetic dry erase calendar found HERE on the fridge (quick look tells you what's going on and what's for dinner) . If you are interested in a tutorial on how to use google calendars, on your phone I can post about that...let me know!
--organizing means cleaning up after yourself.  I like a clean house, things put away no piles-does this happen often?  NOPE, it's a never ending battle living with other people in the house and even myself on those days when I feel like I don't want to.  So I set the expectation for myself and the others-you make a mess you clean it up. 

--meal prep, planning what you will eat for a week or even a month.  I also have an online google calendar for that-makes grocery shopping easier.

--there is a lot more that goes into organizing but I'll leave you with these and touch on others when I think of them...

*Consistency is also key in being organize.  It's like going to the gym to strenghten your muscles-you have to consistently be doing the little things.  Some of your balance items (creating, reading a book, cleaning, shopping) doesn't happen EVERY day-find what works for you.  It's a peace of mind thing for me...

*REEVALUATE; okay some of my best laid plans don't work out the way I have had them envisioned, lets be truthful-MOST of my plans don't work out "My"way.  It's okay to be open minded to change it up-maybe another approach to accomplish your tasks will work better for you.  Don't be afraid to try something different to accomplish your goals.

*CLEAR/PATIENT; okay so the last thing I'd like to touch on is being CLEAR with what you want to do to accomplish your balance.  This may take some thinking and PATIENCE with yourself and others around you.  But once you have a bit of a vision you can do it!

Thanks for "tuning in" I hope this is helpful to you!  I tend to have a lot on my mind at one time and it's nice to share what I know-have a FANTASTIC day!  And if you have ANY questions please feel free to ask!


1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are great tips!!!!