Monday, January 12, 2015

run down of this past week AND CHA recap.

well thanks for hanging in there with me--your regularly scheduled scrappy post will start again tomorrow!  this past week sort of flew by--soccer games, getting ready to go to CHA (which I will feature here), more soccer game, rescheduled lacrosse tournament (both of which I missed because I was gone)--I REALLY don't like missing my kids stuff...But I did have fun while I was gone:
Friday I "saw" the Duke:
 LOVE this clock I saw in a fun boutique in New Port:
 went to Mama D's with my Posse Jennie, Heather, and Lisa (from Scrapbook Circle)--yum--we bought Hippo Cookies:
 I actually rode on it's a Small World in Disneyland, which was still dressed up for Christmas--the repetitive little children sang a combo of Jingle Bells AND it's a small world--which some how made it bearable:
 
 I saw LOTS of pretty things I was a slacker on the picture taking for some reason (oh yeah, I was WORKING by LOOKING!)  But I did manage to capture this image:

aren't they FANTASTIC?  psst...be on the lookout for a future Scrapbook Circle kit with these in there!
 who knew that string art would make a come back?  Well, it is!  I remember doing this as a child and LOVING it!  The possibilities are ENDLESS!!!
 Saw some fun friends:
UBER talented Deb Duty, and HILARIOUS Suzy Plantamura
 Kimber McGray
 we went to this delicious Mexican Food place called Sabrosa's  it's located in Garden Grove, California--YUM! (guess it was featured on Food Network)
 Next day we placed orders and had a few moments for pictures with the Chickaniddy girls (Heidi Sonbul owner):
so fun to meet Meghaan Andrew (we got to hang out a little bit at Disneyland...):
 We created a cool To do list thing at Jillibean Soup:
(Jennie, Me and Lisa concentrating)
The talented Ms. Tessa Buys modeling the finished product:
 In the Silhouette booth we got to meet Lisa Bearnson--this is my FIRST time, I was SO excited!! She even signed us each an autographed bag, she is truly a SWEETHEART!  Also, got to meet the fabulously talented Jana Eubank.  We also learned some COOL things about the updated program for the cutter.

 I have like 3 of these random feet shots but at different locations--obviously I don't know how my phone works!
 Summer Fullerton--such an energetic and FUN gal!
Okay, one of the other things that truly inspired me was the Minc. by the gifted Heidi Swapp.  Her brain is fun to see process--and it goes QUICK!  We were asking her questions and you could see her wheels just spinning, and she is HONEST--seriously LOVE that!  She told us about the process it took to make this new machine.  (follow the link it describes the machine/line).  She also described conversations that she had with Amy Tan, and Elizabeth Kartchner--encouraging/challenging them to create.  Inspiring them to create new things--it was truly inspiring to see the lifting instead of the tearing down of others!  And oh, yes...I bought one... ;)

This picture just makes me smile--LOVED hanging out and making the most of the time we had!

Obligatory wing of the plane picture (Good bye CHA--til next time):
 so I hope you enjoyed my recap--it took me FOREVER! ;)  There is a lot of GREAT new product this year that we will be featuring in the upcoming Scrapbook Circle kits--seriously EXCITED again to create.  Feel like I have sort of hit a wall and just done the necessary assignments to get by--I feel rejuvenated and EXCITED to create from my heart and mind.  I know I am not the only one because others expressed the SAME sentiments!  I LOVE to create and am looking forward to sharing those creations with you!


6 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Looks like a lot of fun, Diana!! I love the string art trend, and I'm hoping to try my hand at it...if I can ever find the time!! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooo fun! LOVING all the CHA pics!!!!

Audrey Yeager said...

WOW!!! What a WONDERFUL trip! Looks like you had such a fantastic time!!!!

jacque4u2c said...

So fun! Thanks for sharing!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Seriously so fun! Wish I could have been there!

Madeline said...

Looks like you had so much fun!