Thursday, August 8, 2013

steilacoom, wa.

I wanted to share with you my other layout I made for the American Crafts gallery this month.  It all started out with this wonderful newsprint paper from the Soho Garden collection.  I just happened to feel inspired to play with my water colors, colored pencils, and gelatos--as you can tell I went to town--SO therapeutic and FUN!  I knew that I would cover up most of the page with pictures but this paper was one of my FAVORITES out of the collection and I wanted to do something special with it.
Here is my page:
 this little town is where my mom grew up, where my grandma lived, and where I spent some FANTASTIC summers.  It's a town of special memories for me, about 3 years ago we were there for a memorial service for my aunt.  I took the time to walk the town with my camera and take pictures of the things that were beautiful or special to me.  I ended up printing each of these pictures at a 2" x 3" so that they would all fit.  I wasn't sure how I was going to make this layout but it came together and I am VERY pleased with it!
closeup of the title:
 little flower closeup:
thanks for the visit today, hoping your day is FANTASTIC!!

8 comments:

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! LOVING the photos and those flowers!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Really gorgeous Diana!! Love the "coloring" of the flowers and the beautiful photos you used!

Unknown said...

Really cool mix of florals and newsprint. The flower photos are so vibrant and beautfiul.

Madeline said...

Love this! Very artsy looking with the newsprint background and colorful flowers!

Keri said...

This is a lovely page, Diana, and what a perfect paper-to-photos match! Love the gentle feel of this gorgeous layout!

Rebecca Keppel said...

so pretty! love how you altered the background

Patricia Roebuck said...

This is one of my favorite collections and this came out awesome! Love the painted flowers and the photos...and story behind this!