Monday, August 12, 2013

best birthday ever!

disclaimer: This post is part of a paid campaign with American Crafts, but all opinions are my own.

It's been a while since I've posted about Project Life, I'm still participating and I'm enjoying it SO much more now than when I started.  This is my third year with Project Life and I LOVE it!!  HERE is an example of one of my posts regarding Project Life. (to view some of my other posts just click on the link on the bottom of this post!)
I feel like I have found my groove in how I want to document my family's life and the stories that happen daily or weekly.  My kids and husband are much more involved with the process as well, taking pictures and wanting to save certain memorabilia.  They have caught the vision that project life is a super simple approach to scrapbooking, my boys have even helped me "assemble" a week as you don't need scissors or glue or any other tool!  I think my favorite part of Project life is that it is a back to basics way of memory keeping for my family.  I don't have to sew or add any extras if I don't want to (like I would normally do on a scrapbook page), I can keep it simple and it is STILL very meaningful.  I have shared my enthusiasm with a lot of my friends some of which have never ever scrapbooked, they LOVE the idea of preserving their own memories easily!
I am really excited for all of the new released core kits AND that I can go to Michael's to purchase them!  I really like that, because now I can really see with my own eyes what the colors are.  Michael's happens to carry one of the largest selections including two EXCLUSIVE core kits.  I was lucky enough to get my hands on the Dear Lizzy 5th and Frolic Core Kit.  It has a distressed feel to it, it also has a mix of light blues, pinks, greens, yellows and airy neutrals. AND has very CUTE icons that include birds, trees, foxes, houses, keys and clipboards.  I wanted to see how I could use my kit on a two page layout.

  Here is a closeup of the left side:
 Here is a closer up of the right side:
 Can you see where I used the cards?  There are three that are obvious (the journaling part has two then underneath the picture is one.)  I fell in LOVE with the yellow polka dot and wanted to work that onto the layout somehow--what better way to do that than by mimicking the butterfly on my niece's shirt?
 Here is a closeup:
 
I had a previous cut out mask of butterflies that I traced on the back of my card then hand cut the butterfly out and popped it up with pop dots.
I then punched with my circle punch out of four other cards to get this affect along top border:
As you can tell I feel very passionate about Project Life--it's FUN, EASY, and SO worth the effort.  I love when my kids pull out the books and remember the things that we have done.
Thanks SO much for stopping by and letting me share with you today, make it a good one!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You are one of the reasons why I started PL!! I love your PL and what you have done with it too!
e.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! LOVING the colors and the big butterfly!!

Ashley Horton said...

Amazing use of this Core Kit, Diana!! Beautiful double pager, and I love that your photos are the focus, but you added some great touches!

sophie said...

you lucky to have this kit!! I love this design you created : the big butterfly is awesome!

Unknown said...

Love how you used the PL kit on your page! Such bright and happy photos!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Oh you did luck up. Good for you. Great post and well done!