yes, we have another dog besides Ella. Today is her birthday--she is 11 (that is 57 in dog years) This sounds bad but she really isn't allowed outside the front door...she barks ALL the time. She is a miniature schnauzer (they are known for barking--she has taught Ella bad things--Vizslas are not known for barking much). She is very sweet though. I want to list a few things about ms. Dakota:
* she is the first to greet you when you get home.
* she cries with excitement if it's been more than one day, she is that happy to see you.
* her nicknames include: poo poo face, da code, cocoa, and grandma.
* she won't eat unless you are in the room.
* she loves rides in the car, and does very well as long as she can sniff.
* she LOVES balls...shh...you can't even say the word B-A-L-L....
* she doesn't like Ella much...Ella likes to chew on that delectable beard--I think she is trying to remove it!
* she likes her space. yes, she enjoys petting but once she is done--leave her alone, she find her own place to be.
* she knows it's a treat to sleep on the bed, once she is there she is a ROCK and will not move.
* she DOES NOT like to get her nails trimmed!
* she DOES NOT like the pool or baths.
* she likes to be where the parents are in the house. (in fact she is sitting on the floor close to me now.)
* she prefers to lay on something than just the carpet...if there is a sock on the ground she will lay on it--weird!
* she LOVES the sun, she will lay in spots in the house where the sun shines in and soaks it up.
* she likes to get the mail.
* she DOES NOT like beeping noises, the rice cooker scares her.
* she DOES NOT like bikes.
* she DOES NOT like little children--they move fast and pet her face!
* she watches TV, I'm not kidding she does!
* she is VERY protective! if she feels that I am in danger she will GO AFTER whoever she thinks is offending me.
* she helps maintain the peace. When I am telling the kids (after they get in trouble) to go to their room (usually in a raised voice) she will bark at them and herd them to their room. (it's actually hilarious)
* she loves raw carrots and apples, she gets very excited when I chopped things in the kitchen, she will sit under me and look expectantly....
* she snores when she is REALLY sleeping...
We love this little hairy beastie, so funny that she has such a personality. I wanted to share a layout I finished of a recent photo shoot with her...
little closeup of the title....yes I had fun with the Jenni Bowlin punch--that took me the longest on this layout! I used the Best. Day. Ever. kit from Scrapbook circle and the add on scatter sunshine....