Tuesday, October 25, 2011

love my lens


I really love this layout, it took a bit to come together.  The story behind it was really fun, my parents and I were walking around the small town my mother grew up in.  It was just me and them (just like when I was young....) I had owned my new lens for about a week and I was still trying to figure out how to shoot with it.  They were my models, I guess I am hilarious when I take pictures, because they kept laughing at my frustrated faces....Glad I caught one of the pictures where they were really laughing.
It was in June of this year and it was COLD--see the water behind them--that's the Puget sound, so cool that I got these shots.
Everything you see is Bella Blvd., but from different lines....

Today was the first day of tournament play in Jr. High soccer, our girls won today and will go on to the next round.  Tomorrow is going to be tough but I know that they can do it!  I've been taking a ton of pictures and learning a lot taking manual....  I read on a photography blog to start with your recipe like this:
ISO 100, f-stop between 9-11, and your shutter speed at 1/500, you have to adjust for lighting.  But this is pretty accurate for my 70-300 lens....I'll have to share my favorites with you from the season on another post.  I've got to run and make dinner!  Thanks for stopping in for a visit!

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the photos and that story behind it! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Those are fantastic pictures of your parents. Fun paper combination on your layout.

Julie Aldridge said...

Great use of color! In addition to the pictures (of course!) I love the gray circle at the bottom left and the poof letters at the top! Where did you get those?

Julie Aldridge said...

Thanks for reply!

Rebecca Keppel said...

I really love this--my new fav of yours. the photos are fabulous, the design and choices are perfect. just love it all :)

Pamela said...

Love this!!! :)

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Lovely layout!

The Puget Sound. I miss Seattle - rain and all!

Elizabeth said...

This is a gorgeous layout and your photos are simply amazing girlie!!! I am envious. Did ya share what kind of lens it was? I didn't read that but I'm off to check in case I missed it!
Happy weekend!
e.