was the day my baby was baptized. The whole week was a blur in preparation and everything came off without a hitch. It was a beautiful baptism and we had a lot of our family come, what a WONDERFUL day!
so we are home from church and just hanging out-eating leftovers and not going anywhere just being quiet with ourselves. Sort of nice to just be.
I wanted to share one recipe of some cookies which were every one's favorites:
Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
1/2 pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups Old Fashioned oats
1 cup raisins
1. heat oven 350 degrees.
2. beat together butter an sugars until creamy.
3. add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
4. add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt mix well.
5. stir in oats and raisins; mix well.
6. drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
7. bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
8. cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
makes about 4 dozen.
Thanks for stopping in! Hope your Sunday is restful!