Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Echo Park Happy Halloween--I'm loving it!

I made these treat containers last year for my kid's teachers, it was so much fun and EASY that I decided to do it again this year.  The container is an empty crystal light container.  For the top I made my own template by placing the lid down and tracing around it.  Then trimming it slightly.  The circumference was easy to, I just took a scratch piece of paper and held it around the sides--measured it and cut my pattern paper.  Once I had that measurement I began to layer up.
**one thing you want to remember is to use a STRONG adhesive.  For my paper I used my 3M tacky adhesive.  But when it came to the tulle I used my hot glue gun.  (I didn't use it before because I didn't want bumps underneath my paper.)  Now I need to make one more, buy Halloween candy and fill them up!
Today is a BUSY one!  Go to the classroom, going ice skating after school, earlier soccer practice, mutual for my daughter!  Dinner?  At this point I have NO idea! :)  Thanks for stopping in!  Hope you have a GREAT day today!

4 comments:

Frances said...

Love this!!! Hope your day is great, and you are able to slow down a bit...I am cooking tator tot casserole! EASY!!

Jamie Harder said...

So cute!! Love the idea of giving them to teachers!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh what a GREAT idea Diana!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee it!! And I know what you mean about adhesive... I loveeeeeeeeeeeee my Zip Dry... works like a charm every time! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Such a fun teacher gift idea!